CHEATS CHRISTMAS CAKE
Christmas cake is one of the many joys of the festive season, but let’s be honest. Who has the time and energy to make it from scratch!?
This quick and easy Christmas cake will have you jumping for joy, it’s that easy!
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup mixed peel
- 250ml chocolate milk (store bought or homemade)
- 200g Gluten Free Self Raising flour
- 2g Xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
*Note: this recipe can easily be made dairy free by substituting dairy free milk of choice.
- In a bowl, add in the dried cranberries, mixed peel and the chocolate milk. Mix well and soak for 10-24 hours in the fridge. This step is important as it allows the cranberries and mixed peel to soak up the liquid which will keep the cake moist.
- After 10 hours or overnight, Pre-heat oven to 160°C
- Add in all remaining ingredients and mix to combine
- Pour into 6” cake tin and bake for 40mins
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.